I just made this recently and it is quite good. The Taste of Home test kitchen gave this recipe its highest rating and I have changed the directions and ingredients to my taste.
Grilled Shrimp and Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb. shrimp (2/25 count) peeled and deveined (I bought the shrimp at Krogers and they had deveined it – how nice)
- 3/4 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or to taste as I did not add so much (I grated it and for this dish it is better to shred it)
- 1/4 cup almonds, roasted, salted and chopped (I did not add)
Preheat your grill for 15 minutes or more. Combine the shrimp and half of the Basil Vinaigrette (see below) for 15 minutes in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
Cook the beans in salted water until crisp, about 5 to 10 minutes. I cooked them for 30 minutes. Drain, cool and pat dry.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread the shrimp onto skewers. Grill both sides on medium high heat for a few minutes per side; just until the shrimp turn pink and have curled up.
Toss the shrimp with the bacon, beans, Parmesan cheese and the other half of the basil vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Combine the first 7 ingredients and slowly incorporate the oil until blended.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju