This is a very easy salad to put together. I like the taste and the texture of the dried cherries, the toasted nuts and seeds and the crunch of the Ramen and rice noodles. A little sweet and a little salty – perfect!
Broccoli Slaw with Nuts and Dried Cherries
- 2 (12 oz.) pkg. Broccoli Slaw
- 2 pkg. beef Ramen noodles
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- dried cherries (or cranberries) to taste
- rice noodles (they come in a can)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 beef flavor packets (from Ramen noodles)
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use less)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
Mix broccoli slaw, uncooked Ramen noodles (broken up), sliced green onions, toasted sunflower seeds and almonds, and dried cherries (or cranberries). Toss with dressing not more than one hour before serving. Sprinkle with rice noodles.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com