I read this recipe recently and thought to myself “another way to use Chia seeds”. This is quite a combination and has so many good things for you, unless you add the crumbled bacon on top. I have tweaked this recipe from the Food Network Magazine and so can you. Some time ago a fellow blogger posted a recipe using chocolate which sounded good too!
Overnight Oatmeal with Bananas, Yogurt, Oats and Peanut Butter
- 1 (6 oz.) carton plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk – I used vanilla almond milk, but you could also use chocolate or regular milk
- 1/2 cup sliced banana, I then cut each slice into fourths
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp. chia seeds or flaxseed meal, optional – I used 1 tbsp. chia seed and it was too much so I will cut back to 1/2 tbsp.
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter – I used almond peanut butter and mixed it with the honey and a little milk from above to distribute the peanut butter
- banana slices, cut into fourths for garnish and some crumbled up crispy bacon
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl except for the garnishes. Transfer to two 1/2 pint jars. Cover and chill overnight or up to 3 days.
To serve, spoon it into a small bowl, top with banana pieces and some crumbled up bacon.
A perfect, nutritional breakfast to make the night before. Very thick, very filling and very good 🙂