This is one of the best salsas I have ever had, the fresh fruit, lime and basil makes all of the difference. This recipe comes from the Food Network which I have adapted to my taste and is now a favorite that I am sure family and friends will enjoy.
- 1-1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 3 cups seeded and chopped watermelon
- cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (to taste)
- 3 cups seeded and chopped cantaloupe (they used 1 mango)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I added)
- red onion, chopped (to taste)
- fresh basil leaves, chiffonade, sliced and minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss. Chill until ready to serve. This salsa is great with tortilla or pita chips. You could also serve it alongside your main entrée of fish, chicken, pork or beef.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com