I always include this salad sometime during the holiday season. Served with a turkey or ham adds a lot of bright color to your dinner table. An interesting combination of ingredients that many of my friends and family enjoy. See also my recipe Cooking Tidbits – How to Seed a Pomegranate.
Pomegranate and Citrus Broccoli Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups (8 oz.) fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 can mandarine oranges or use a fresh orange
- 3/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (these are seasonal and can be found around Thanksgiving time – I also found frozen ones at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
Combine mayonnaise, orange juice, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Add remaining ingredients and toss until well coated. This salad can be made a day ahead of time – perfect for when there are so many other things to do for your holiday celebrations.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2011/11/09/pomegranate-an…broccoli-salad/