Fruit in some form is frequently a part of every meal I serve, especially when entertaining. I might just have a bowl of fresh fruit such as apples, grapes or oranges; serve fruit as a salad over greens or have something a little fancier such as these summer berries topped with a yogurt seasoned with lemon curd and limoncello. A very light dessert and a perfect finish to any meal…
Ina's Fruit Salad with Limoncello, Adapted
- 7 oz. Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt}
- 1/3 cup lemon curd (you can make your own or buy it)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries (do not marinate as they tend to fall apart; add right before you top the berries with yogurt)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Limoncello liqueur
- 1 banana, sliced (oops! I forgot to add)
- mint sprigs for garnish
Combine the first 4 ingredients and set aside. Toss the strawberries, blueberries, sugar and limoncello and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Gently add the banana slices and raspberries.
Serve the fruit on small plates or bowls with a dollop of lemon yogurt on top. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
Recipe by CookingWithAuntJuju.com
Sharing this simple but elegant dessert with Fiesta Friday.