I actually saw this recipe by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian in a current issue of Weight Watcher’s. It is not a WW recipe but they provided the points for this excellent slaw – only 3 points for 1 cup. I made a couple of small changes but not enough to make a difference in the points value. I will make this slaw often this summer and to kick off the grilling season I served it with my Pita Lamb Burgers.
See also Juju’s Favorite Coleslaw!
Spicy Peanut Butter Slaw
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I did use low-fat)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce or any hot chili sauce (it is spicy with 2 tsp. which I like but you might want to start out with 1 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- dash or two of kosher salt
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage (I used almost a 14 oz. bag of shredded cabbage and carrots, except for 1 cup)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots (not needed if you use the cabbage mix above)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (I used parsley as I am not a fan of cilantro just like Ina!)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped (I used a mixed variety of raisins)
Combine the first seven ingredients and mix well. Add to the rest of the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju