This is another delicious, refreshing salad with lots of fresh fruit and spinach and even some pasta – a nice combination. This simple salad appears frequently on my table as I get to use so many favorite ingredients. The dressing is very light and perfect on any tossed salad. I have adapted this recipe from Produce for Better Health Foundation and I bring this wholesome salad to The Novice Gardener’s 14th Fiesta Friday! Wow – we have been partying a long time!
Mango, Berry, Spinach and Rotini Salad
- 1 cup whole-wheat rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup raspberries (I used strawberries)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese (I used a low-fat blue cheese)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Combine the last five ingredients and set aside. As an alternative I might use my fat free raspberry vinaigrette and save some calories and points since I try to follow Weight Watcher’s where I can (only 1 point per 2 tbsp.). Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cool water. Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com