A Weight Watcher’s recipe that is easy to fix and a perfect Fall dish that everyone will like.
Weight Watcher's Chicken with Apples and Noodles
- 4 tsp. olive oil (I used 3 tsp.)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into slices (any apple would be fine)
- 4 (5-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used tenderloins)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups hot cooked wide egg noodles (normally I would use yolk free egg noodles but I only had pappardelle noodles when I made this recipe)
Heat 2 tsp. of oil (I only used one tsp.) in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the apple slices and cook, stirring, until lightly browned about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. (I do not like crunchy onions so I cooked them for about 15 minutes instead of 5).
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 2 tsp. oil in a separate skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) until lightly browned and slightly underdone.
Add broth, vinegar and honey to onions and cook a few minutes. Add chicken breasts and simmer, spooning sauce over the chicken until it is cooked through and the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Return apple to skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Pile noodles on platter, top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with a little parsley.
This dish has a points value of 8 with 1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup sauce and 1/2 cup noodles
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju