I had to use my new grill again, anyways it is the end of the weekend and it’s been a beautiful day. As it is pounded very thin, the chicken cooks very quickly and evenly, in about 10 to 15 minutes. This is a favorite way to grill chicken as it is always tender and never dries out.
Chicken Paillards on the Grill
- boneless chicken breasts, pounded to an equal thickness
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh garlic, minced (or use garlic powder)
- mixture of fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley and oregano (thyme and rosemary is delicious too)
- even mixture of freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil
Marinate pounded chicken breasts for an hour or two in the above ingredients.
Brush the olive oil/lemon juice mixture over the breasts; sprinkle on the garlic powder or fresh garlic and your herbs. Press the herbs into the chicken with your fingers. Turn and prepare the other side.
Preheat the grill for 15 minutes on high. Cook for about 5 minutes or so per side on high. I like to serve this chicken with zucchini that I have marinated in lemon juice and fresh herbs. I put the zucchini slices on the grill about 5 minutes before the chicken.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2012/03/26/chicken-paillards-on-the-grill/