Another delicious panini sandwich using turkey, cheese, a pesto spread (basil, basil, basil!) and red onion slices. I really enjoy eating a warm, grilled sandwich filled with all kinds of goodies.
Turkey Panini With Pesto and Red Onions
- multigrain bread (or a bread of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. mayo
- 2 tsp. pesto (or to taste)
- deli turkey breast, sliced
- swiss cheese, ultra thin (or grate the cheese as it will melt faster)
- red onion slices, separated into rings
Combine the mayonnaise and pesto to taste. Spread 1 slice of bread with the pesto mixture, top with some turkey, slice or two of cheese, onion rings and another slice of bread.
Grill in your panini maker about 5 minutes or until heated through. You can also use a grill pan, cook for a few minutes and then turn it over to get the grill marks and to be sure it is heated through.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com