I always buy my fish at Whole Foods (I am lucky to have 2 stores in the area where I live). Their fish is always fresh and ensures that my dinner will taste great. Roasting this dish brings out its sweetness and intensifies the flavor. This is a Weight Watcher’s recipe with 7 points per serving.
Roasted Trout with Carrots and Zucchini
- 4 whole, boneless rainbow trout, cleaned, heads and tails removed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped or 1-1/4 tsp. dried
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. baby carrots, or large carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
- 2 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds (optional – I usually do not add)
Comment: Instead of the above seasonings I have a salt free lemon pepper seasoning that I prefer to use and just add the lemon slices, parsley and vegetables.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray. Lay the trout on a sheet of wax paper; sprinkle the cavities of the fish with 1/2 tsp. of the salt and 1/8 tsp. of the pepper. Divide the parsley, rosemary if using, and the lemon slices among the cavities; place on the baking sheet.
Add the carrots and zucchini to the pan. Lightly spray the trout and vegetables with cooking spray and sprinkle the vegetables with the remaining rosemary, salt and pepper.
Roast the trout until it is almost cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Check it with a fork or knife to see if it is almost done. Increase the oven temperature and sprinkle with the almonds and broil 5 inches from the heat until the trout is opaque in the center, the skin is browned, and the vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju