This is a good recipe without the eggs. The idea of rice and some vegetables mixed in is how I prefer my fried rice. I have two rice cookers (see my post Kitchen Gadget – Rice Cookers and Kitchen Gadgets – Breville The Risotto Plus) and I make a bunch of rice and then freeze what I do not need until I make this dish again. Works for me!
WW Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large celery stalk, small dice
- 1/4 cup carrot shreds
- 1 large shallot, small dice
- 1/2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb. snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or 1 tsp. dried
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup scallions
Heat a large nonstick skillet; swirl in the oil and stir-fry the celery, carrots and shallot for a few minutes. Add the thinly sliced red pepper and snow peas and stir-fry a few more minutes. Add the rice, crushed red pepper and ginger. Cook for about 4 minutes.
Combine the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over the rice, along with the scallion, and stir-fry just to heat through, 2 minutes more.
Points Value of 4 per 3/4 cup serving
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2011/11/14/weight-watchers-fried-rice/