Any time I can prepare a dish ahead of time is always a good thing for me. Especially preparing something the night before that you can pop in the oven the next morning.
Salami and Monterey Jack Cheese Brunch Casserole
- any white bread to fill the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan – I used a loaf of Pepperidge Farm White Sliced Bread Original, decrusted and cubed
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted (I did not add)
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 lb. Genoa salami, julienned
- 10 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 green onions, white and green part, chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
Comment: I have cut back in a few places (2% versus whole milk; low-fat sour cream versus regular). Otherwise it is almost too rich to eat.
Grease your pan and spread bread pieces over bottom; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and salami.
Beat together eggs, milk, wine, green onions, mustard and black and red peppers until mixture is frothy. Pour mixture over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered at 350°F for 1 hour.
Uncover, spread with sour cream (I did not use) and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com