This is a good, basic stir-fry sauce to use with your favorite, fresh vegetables. Serve over rice and I have had an occasional request for chow mein noodles (the crispy ones that come in a bag).
Spicy Veggie Stir-Fry
- 3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. dry sherry
- 3 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Kikkoman Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cornstarch
- fresh minced garlic to taste
- fresh ginger, grated (do not use the powdered form)
- 2 tsp. oil
- vegetables of your choice (I like to use red peppers chopped, red onions sliced, carrots shredded, celery sliced and snow peas blanched)
Combine the first 4 ingredients for the sauce. Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onions, carrots and celery until done to your taste. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for another minute. Next add the peppers and saute briefly (I like my peppers crisp). Add the blanched snow peas and stir-fry briefly. Stir in the sauce ingredients and cook until the mixture thickens.