When I feel like eating pasta and I want it to be low fat I make this Weight Watcher’s recipe which I have adapted to suit my taste. There are 6 points per serving.
Capellini with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 5-6 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- onion, chopped to taste
- fresh basil, chopped to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar (I like to use Splenda)
- 9 oz. capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (or more)
Combine the first 7 ingredients and let stand, covered, at least 4 hours. If you do not like the red wine vinegar you could always substitute with more oil but then the points would be more. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Top with the fresh tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com