While looking through some smoothie recipes I have not made yet I ran across this one by Fida @ Sweet and Savory Pursuits which I have tweaked a little. Just delicious sums up this recipe; chocolatey and full of healthy ingredients. You might substitute the vanilla almond milk for chocolate almond milk and leave out the cocoa powder. This is one of those recipes that you can make to your taste. I ended up with a little over 2 cups so I would call this two servings instead of one.
Avocado, Banana and Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 small avocados, chopped (see below – the ones I used were about 2-1/2-inches long)
- frozen banana slices or 1/2 of a fresh one
- 2 tbsp. cocoa, unsweetened
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 cup of ice cubes (I chop them up in my ice crusher first)
Using a blender add all of the above ingredients. A very good way to start your day.