It has been awhile since I posted a WW recipe and then this recipe appeared on my Pinterest email. A BLT, or Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato, says American all the way and always better with fresh tomatoes. As I love BLT sandwiches, salads, pasta and then bacon, how could I go wrong with making this. I have adapted this yummy recipe to my taste by adding more lettuce and tomatoes and cutting back on the salt and pepper. Once again WW has not disappointed me and this salad with a terrific low-fat dressing will be a favorite during tomato season in Michigan. Or serve it with cherry tomatoes you can get year round!
I have lots of Weight Watcher’s recipes so if you would like to see my collection just search “Weight Watcher’s”. There are over 50 recipes to date.
Weight Watcher's BLT Pasta Salad
- 3-2/3 cups pasta of your choice, cooked – cavatappi is a favorite
- 4 cups tomatoes, diced (I added more and I peel and seed them or cherry tomatoes are great too)
- 4 slices bacon (turkey or pork), cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups lettuce of your choice, thinly sliced ( I did use the shredded head lettuce you can buy in a package)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste – I used 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. pepper (or to taste – I used 1/2 tsp. and I might cut in back just a little bit more)
Mix pasta, bacon, tomatoes and lettuce together in a large serving bowl. In another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Add to the pasta mixture and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Weight Watcher’s Points 3 per 1 cup
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju
Or try using some cherry tomatoes instead and you can make this year round!