I love this combination of flavors and textures; softness of the squash and onions and the crunch of the peas.
Sugar Snap Peas, Red Onions and Yellow Squash
- olive oil to sauté the vegetables
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 4 yellow squash halved and sliced (pattypan squash are great too)
- sugar snap peas
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- any additional seasonings (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp. butter (optional)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the red onion for 5 minutes; add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the yellow squash and cook for about 10 minutes (I like my squash soft). Add the peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper and any other seasonings to taste. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add the butter (optional) and stir until melted.
Recipe by cookingwithauntjuju.com