This recipe is very easy to put together, especially since I had leftover meat from a turkey breast I recently cooked. A Weight Watcher’s dish with a high points value of 8 for 1 biscuit and 1 cup chicken mixture.
Creamed chicken and Biscuits
- 1 (6 oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
- 2-1/4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10-3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen peas and onions (you can buy these vegetables separately or Birds Eye sells them together)
Bake biscuits according to package directions.
Combine cooked chicken, milk, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, soup, peas and onions in a large saucepan. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until thoroughly heated; stirring occasionally.
Split biscuits in half. Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture over each split biscuit.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2012/01/29/creamed-chicken-and-biscuits/