When you make any kind of a kebob, whether it is beef, chicken or pork on the grill a dipping sauce is a good idea to serve with it. Sauces with peanut butter…yum…
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp. peanut oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sugar (optional – it tastes good without it)
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Thai style chili sauce (2 or more tsp. or to taste) I like it hot and sweet!
Heat the oil and saute the green onions for a few minutes. Stir in the peanut butter, chicken broth, sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and peanuts if desired. Add the chili sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Vietnamese Dipping Sauce (Emeril Laggase):
This is excellent for dipping spring rolls.
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. sambal oelek (chili garlic sauce)
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped for garnish
- 1 fresh red Thai chile pepper seeded and thinly sliced for serving
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
Heat the oil and add the first four ingredients and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the next four ingredients and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce has thickenend, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and garnish with the peanuts, the chile pepper and a drizzle of Sriracha.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2011/12/07/peanut-dipping…or-satay-sauce/
I did a taste test on three different peanut sauces I have made as well as a bottled version. The dipping sauce is in the back and is the thickest. See recipes Asian Chicken with a Peanut Butter Sauce; Peanutty Pork Kabobs and Thai Chicken with Rice and Veggies on the Grilll.