This is another Weight Watcher’s chicken recipe that has an Italian twist and is loaded with vegetables.
Italian Skillet Chicken
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- l large onion, chopped
- (clove of garlic, minced is good to add)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken tenders
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes (I added this to the recipe)
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped or 1 tsp. dried (I use 2 heaping tbsp. fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, carrot and celery; cook until softened, about 10-15 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until opaque, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
Reduce the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Serves 6 with a points value 3 per serving
Comment: Add 2/3 cup cooked penne per serving for an additional 2 points.