Pasta is so good in many dishes, from a spicy marinara sauce to an Asian inspired pasta salad such as this recipe. I have adapted this from Ina Garten’s, “Crunchy Noodle Salad”. I love pasta and especially with a peanut butter sauce! See also Weight Watcher’s Asian Sesame Noodle.
Peanut Butter Noodle Salad, Adapted
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti, broken into fourths
- 1 lb. snow peas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- dash of Sriracha (optional)
- red bell peppers; cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- scallions sliced diagonally
- fresh parsley, minced
- other veggies as desired such as shredded carrots or zucchini
- soy sauce and extra dressing on the side
Cook the pasta according to package directions with a little salt; drain and set aside.
I like to microwave my snow peas briefly in a little water and cool in ice water.
Combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, 1-1/2 tbsp. sesame seeds and peanut butter in a medium bowl. I always make extra dressing as the pasta absorbs so much of it and it might be dry otherwise.
Place the spaghetti and veggies in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad. Add the remaining 1/2 tbsp. of sesame seeds and the parsley and toss together.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2016/03/16/crunchy-noodle-salad/