This dish has a light and nutty sauce. I prefer to serve it at room temperature but you can serve it cold. Very good with a little bread or perhaps a salad… See also Peanut Butter Noodle Salad.
Weight Watcher's Asian Sesame Noodles
- 2 cups fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. smooth peanut butter (can use low fat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Asian dark sesame oil
- I added 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water as the sauce was too thin
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti or linguini
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- I added chives, chopped
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the scallion, lemon juice, sesame oil and cornstarch mixture (optional). Continue to cook until slightly thickened. I like to cool the sauce before adding to the spaghetti.
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. I always break the pasta in half and in half again before adding it to the boiling water (makes it easier to eat). Drain and rinse. Be sure the pasta is drained well before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Combine the spaghetti, sauce, carrot and sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 with 2/3 cup per serving for 3 points
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2012/07/27/weight-watcher…sesame-noodles/
See also Peanut Soba Noodles.