Quiche is a good comfort food for breakfast to get your weekend off to a good start. There are many varieties of quiche and this is the traditional one. Serve with fresh fruit, some homemade muffins and a cup of coffee, or maybe some hot chocolate.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint half and half (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ham, chopped (you can buy this prepackaged which is very convenient)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, diced
- pastry shell of your choice
Make a pie crust of your choice and form it into the bottom of your pie pan. Prick the sides and bottom with a fork. Partially cook in a 375°F oven for about 10 minutes; allow to cool.
Mix eggs, cream, shredded swiss cheese and salt and pepper. Saute onion in butter; add cooked ham, bacon and diced cheese and spread evenly in the bottom of the pastry shell.
Pour egg mixture over ham and fill to rim of shell. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. The center will not wiggle any more when you shake the pie dish. Use a pie shield if the crust is browning too quickly.
Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2012/01/07/quiche-lorraine/