This is a zesty salad that complements my recipe Asian Chicken with a Peanut Butter Sauce.
Thai Cucumber Sambal
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (or to taste – you could use a fresh jalapeno; seeded, membrane removed and diced)
- salt to taste (I never add)
Combine the cucumber, scallions, red pepper and jalapeno if using. Mix the rice vinegar and sugar together and toss with the vegetables. Below I used a red jalapeno instead of the red pepper flakes.
Recipe by cooking with aunt juju https://cookingwithauntjuju.com/2011/11/28/thai-cucumber-sambal/